I have loved cars all of my life and have appraised cars for the past several years. I also consign and deal in classic and collector muscle cars.
Collector Car Experience
Growing up: I helped my father restore a number of collector cars during my teen age years. The cars he restored included: 1935 Ford Coupe, 1962 MG, 1934Lincoln V-12, and 1930 Model-A (which I later acquired). My father was one of the founding members of the Itasca Vintage Car Club which is still in existence today. I was actively involved with my father in car club activities and learned to appreciate the diversity and beauty of collector cars at an early age.
Late 1980’s: I purchased a 1987 Buick Turbo Regal which I modified to show car condition. I won a number of trophies from local car shows. As owner of this unique car, I formed a club to unite owners of one of the fastestUS production cars produced in 1984-1987 – the Buick Grand Nationals, T-Types. and Turbo Regals. I served as president of this club, the Minnesota Grand National and T-Type Association (MGNTA). At its peak, the club had over 100 members. Eventually the club expanded to include Buick Gran Sport enthusiasts. The club is still in existence today.
- In November 2006, I took an extensive 4-Day Classic Car Appraisal Workshop at Hooked on Classics in Watertown, MN and obtained certification to inspect and appraise cars. The course was instructed by Daryl Kirt who is on the board for NADA.
- After completion of the appraisal course in 2006, I started my company called Big R’s Muscle Cars. I perform appraisals and inspections. I also buy, sell and consign cars.
- In October 2010 I left my full time job to pursue my business full time. This has given me an opportunity to do the networking with local insurance companies, builders and other auto related contacts to help expand my business. I have also become the Minnesota/Wisconsin representative for Auto Appraisal Network which included being trained on the AAN appraisal tools.
- In 2011, after completing the required training, I was accepted as a member of International Automotive Appraisers Association (IAAA).
- I currently sit on the advisory board for NADA and help establish car values found in the NADA Classic, Collectible and Special Interest Car Appraisal Guide & Directory.